G.L Murphy’s Machinery Ltd. was an industrial parts manufacturer established in 1930. They were based in this mill, named Imperial Works. The company made tools, belt driven machinery, transmissions and electrical equipment, specialising in items for tanners and leather manufacturers in addition to glue and gelatine plants. They produced batch runs of specialist components and carried out renovation work on various machine parts. Imperial Works is primarily constructed from locally mined millstone grit and features an attractive redbrick chimney. It covers a fairly expansive area. Some parts of the site are still in use but this older section is now falling into rapid decay.