In 1894 the site was occupied by a dry saltery, open land a bit of woods and a reservoir. Victoria Dyeworks was established in 1907 along with a cricket pitch and reservoirs to the west. In 1932 it was extended building over the cricket pitch over the years it was extended even further with the introduction of the Chimneys and an electricity substation covering about 0.15 hectares.
There is a planning application to demolish the Dyeworks and build an housing estate in its place and a contamination report has been done to see if this would be possible.
On the 18th April a fire broke out due to arsonists covering 60% of the building and it took 4 pumps and one ariel to distinguish the flames.
Harrison Gardner have been at Victoria Dyeworks from 1901 – 2006 when they moved to Bradford.